Friday, December 26, 2008

pathetic -- beermile practice attempt



I know this sounds pathetic, and on the edge of extreme tri-dorkiness, but tonight I completed a test "workout" for the upcoming Boulder Beer-mile.

Em was a champ and acted as the official heckler, I mean timer, and Thor & Izzy dutifully served as pacing rabbits. However, this horse took nearly one minute to chug the first 17oz Bitburger beer, a little less than two minutes to run each 1/4-mile, and just over a minute to drink the second 17 oz Bitburger.



It had been nearly five years since I've attempted chugging a beer and it was a sobering display that leaves me in a fragile mental state going into next Wednesdays Beer-mile race. The only consolation was knowing in the actual race we will only have to down 12 oz cans each lap and not 17 oz ones (I drank the equivalent of three beers).



Hope you enjoyed the photos...

2 comments:

Amanda Lovato said...

I'll be cheering for you Lars!! GO LARS GO!!!!

Finangers said...

You and Michael should be racing since its good cross-training and close to your house! Hopefully we'll see you at the race on Wednesday.