Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Make it work

Yesterday was a mish-mash of various workouts including an early AM trail run with Thorskie - my ADD Chessy Bay Retriever, a 1.5 hour afternoon ride with big gear & slow cadence intervals topped off with a 1.5 hour water polo scrimmage. Last night, I managed to drag good friend Kevin Burnette down to Denver with me. He pulled out his connections and called up another former triathlete, Kiley, who had a 43-minute shorter commute than us

When I finally crawled into bed at 11:30 last night, I realized how much fun the day was. While I'm transitioning into my specific training for IM Arizona, I've managed to get creative with my workouts.

Now I'm looking into shaping my lead up plans for Arizona. Race day is November 23rd and I think it's important to have a shootout race a few weeks beforehand to make sure the tank is firing and the training is soaking in. Right now I'm looking at Austin 70.3, Soma Half, or American Zofingen as potential lead in races.

All for now,
lf

No comments: