Sunday, November 9, 2008

fantasy football freakshow



...yup, that's me. rewind one year and i was the laughing stock of my college friends as i didn't once check or update my fantasy football team. i finished last and only won one game. i was ridiculed by many and considered a "bye-week" by all within the league. two weeks before the this year's draft selection, our league commissioner and my old roomate, Jimbo, emailed and said the league members had voted me out of the league since i didn't even participate. i promised him if he allowed me to stay, i would turn the page and dedicate the appropriate attention to the season.

i may still be ranked 7th out of the 11 teams but no one in the league can accuse me of not trying. i am tops in the league in total number of transactions - which basically means i follow the stats way too often and try and find the best players not originally selected in the draft.

i have also given the game way too high of a priority during my weekend schedule. sunday's are spent cranking out my ride/run brick workouts then zooming back to the house to catch all the updates on how my players performed. i find myself yelling at players i never previously knew existed and have become the #1 fan or #1 worst enemy of players. in other words, i've been getting much more recovery time and spending way too much time in front of the tv on sundays.

luckily there are only six weeks left in the season so i can soon take my life back and spend some more time outdoors! until then, my best friends from college have six weeks left as my worst enemies!

LOL fellow Lincoln Manorites,
LF

No comments: