Friday, February 20, 2009

make it 29



for my birthday earlier this week, i mixed up the training routine a little bit. the day included:

29-mile ride on Computrainer, 29x400 intervals on Monarch Rd, 29x100 steady in the pool

my legs are still a bit sore today as i haven't had much speed work so far over the winter. half of the 400's out by the Res were into a very strong headwind so i was going nearly 2-minutes on reps INTO the wind and 70-seconds running with the wind.

Emily met me at the pool and swam the 100's with me and she was circling me like a tiger shark on a turtle.

many thanks to all you facebook friends and for those who gathered at Sherpa's.

4 comments:

-Brandon said...

Did you have the Yak at Sherpa's?

Happy Belated.

Amy Marsh said...

Happy belated Lars! I don't think we're friends on facebook so I didn't know it was your b-day. Am I not one of your best friends that you talk to Em about??

Bradley D. said...

Hey Lars,

Thanks for the info on the race & happy belated birthday...nice work on the theme of "29"!

Anonymous said...

Wish I would have thought of that plan on MY birthday! I'd still be out there trying to finish all of those 54s!!!!!!! Nice cake, but I was hoping there was 29 teeth!