Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mags

I really only have one goal in mind while training for IM AZ next month and it might sound easy enough, but I've yet to accomplish it. Run the entire marathon. So, my training this fall has been dedicated to putting in enough run miles to do so. Today, I was back to Magnolia Rd - a 15-mile out & back starting at 8,200-feet and rolling up & down out to the Peak to Peak Hwy at 8,750-feet. Then you get to turn around and go back. This ends a big week on the feet with runs on 6 of 7 days, including a 14-miler on Friday morning and two other one hour runs.

The run starts with a wicked 1k downhill which means you get to face that same hill at the end. Just before starting, I ran into Lance Panguitti - a local race director - and Aaron Hersch - a wrench at Colorado Multisport and a tech writer in triathlon. They were with two other guys and had just climbed the 4.5-miles of steep paved roads that lead up to the gravel where the run starts. Aaron was one summit into a long afternoon on his Serotta that was going to take him up Magnolia, Sugarloaf, Lee Hill, Sunshine and Flagstaff. I'm looking forward to seeing how that worked out for him...

Tomorrow I have my first massage since this past summer with Lisa Lessing. I'm scared shitless that she is going to rip my legs off as I know she and Simon steer a hard ship at their household and aren't easy on the faint-of-heart.

No comments: