Saturday, October 18, 2008

Stirring it up.....

Spiced the weekend workout up a bit today in preparation for Ironman Arizona on Nov. 23rd. I slept through my alarm and got a late start to the day (Em finished her ride about the time I got started). With race day getting closer, I've been focusing the last few weeks on going longer with my running. So, this past week, I decided it was time to get reacquainted with my bike again. I started out with a 30-minute ride from the house to the pool and jumped in for a 40-minute straight swim. This was followed up with a 3 hour ride up Flagstaff Mtn, and out to McCaslin Blvd. I topped the day off with a 50-minute run around Wonderland Lake and back on Hwy 36 for a 5-hour day.

It felt great to do a different kind of workout since it's late in the season and staying mentally fresh is almost as important as staying physically fresh. Tomorrow morning is back to the tried-and-true 15-mile run up at Mags.

No comments: